Glyssa Leiann Bingas Perez, Candidate # 4, was clearly one of the standouts during the 2019 Miss World Philippines Press Presentation held at Novotel Manila Araneta Center a couple of days ago.
Glyssa Leiann Bingas Perez during the Miss World Philippines 2019 Press Presentation
There was the unmistakeable hint of confidence, quiet & reserved elegance and self- assuredness when the Miss Bohol 2016 and Miss Philippines- Australia 2014 titleholder took her turn at the catwalk. Her flawless pirouette and graceful stance at the catwalk were met with oohs and ahhs from the media covering the event.
The lovely Boholana was named First Princess at the Miss World Philippines finals two years ago which means that she was just a breath away from clinching the honor to represent our nation in the world’s oldest and longest running beauty competition.
As she competes with 39 other exquisitely empowered Filipinas for the Miss World Philippines 2019 crown, she is more than ready to tackle the challenge beautifully.
Glyssa performing the Pangalay or fingernail dance during the Miss Talent prelims
Let’s check out how well you know this impeccably- dressed and well- mannered lady who will represent the province of Bohol in Miss World Philippines 2019.
Here are 10 fun facts about Glyssa:
1. BREAST CANCER AWARENESS & BREAST CARE ADVOCATE. She is a spokesperson & the youngest trustee of Kasuso Foundation (a non- profit organization dedicated to serving indigent patients with breast cancer) She is so passionate about breast cancer that she even organized a well- attended fund- raising activity for her advocacy a couple of months back in Australia
2. VIDEO CREATOR & EDITOR. If there is one thing that she is most interested in, it has to be creating & editing videos. For Glyssa, there’s something so special and magical about capturing moments and creating a story that can be treasured and relived over and over again. With her very tight schedule, Glyssa has to put her video editing on hold but hopes to get back to it as soon as her schedule eases up.
3. PASSIONATE ABOUT SELF- CARE & MINDFULNESS. Her passion right now is the practice on self- care & mindfulness which ultimately helps her serve others more effectively
4. GOAL- ORIENTED. She believes that people should have goals in life so that they could find more focus and more meaning in their lives. Glyssa says that goals are there to motivate and to spur one to action. Her goals range from being happy & content, to be healthy and strong, to enjoy life’s simple pleasures and to live a purposeful life where she can give back and empower people. Her two biggest goals right now is to continue her foundation’s project program and to be a spokesperson who is heard worldwide.
5. THE ONLY GIRL IN THE FAMILY. Did you know that Glyssa is the only girl in the family? She has three protective brothers namely; Gez ,35, Gabriel, 27, and Goody, 19.
6. GLYSSA IS A SUPER ATHLETIC GIRL. Her slender frame belies her athletic & competitive nature. She was a sprinter during her early schooling days and played competitively in Netball. She even won the Sports Fast Track Challenge during her first attempt at the MWP crown back in 2017.
7. INTERESTING INFO YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT GLYSSA. She has a small scar on her forehead from a bicyclist accident when she was only about four years old. She thought she could bike on her own without training wheels and she was wrong.
8. GLYSSA & MAXINE MEDINA ARE FIRST COUSINS. Glyssa comes from a clan of beauties. In fact, she and reigning 2016 Miss Universe Philippines Maxine Perez Medina are first cousins. Maxine’s mom, Marife Perez Medina, is the youngest sister of Godofredo Perez, the father of Glyssa. The Boholano connection of Glyssa is care of mom Yolie Bingas who is from Danao, Bohol.
CHARMING COUSINS. 2016 Miss Universe Top 6 Finalist Maxine Perez Medina &
2016 Miss Bohol Glyssa Bingas Perez are first degree cousins
9. SHE WAS CROWNED ON THE 90TH ANNIVERSARY OF MISS BOHOL. Glyssa was crowned Miss Bohol 90 years after Ascension Gaviola was crowned as the first Miss Bohol and represented the province in the 1926 Miss Philippines pageant, the first ever nationwide pageant organized in the country.
10. DANAO’S FIRST MISS BOHOL CROWN. Glyssa made her mom Yolie’s wish for her to win Danao’s first Miss Bohol crown came true.
Glyssa Perez obliges Your Roving Eye with a photo memento
Watch the 9th edition of Miss World Philippines on Sunday, September 15 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum. Four other titles are at stake, namely; Reina Hispanoamericana Filipinas, Miss Eco Philippines, Miss Multinational Philippines and Miss Tourism Philippines.
Bohol’s bet answers questions from the media during the press presentation
ABOUT MISS WORLD PHILIPPINES
It is a beauty pageant in the Philippines that selects the country's representative to the Miss World contest, the oldest & longest running international beauty competition. The pageant is inspired by the Miss World Ltd.'s slogan "Beauty with a Purpose" and henceforth adopted the theme "Beauty in Giving."
From a bathing suit spectacle in 1951, Miss World has evolved into a search for a beautiful spokesperson who travels around the world, brings a voice for the underprivileged and raises money for charities.
Reigning Miss World 2018 Vanessa Ponce from Mexico
Miss World Philippines and her court work with charities that benefit children in need and also join movements of supporting women and children's rights and other advocacy. Also known as MWP, the pageant also selects three other representatives to participate in minor international pageants such as Reina Hispanoamericana, Miss Eco International, and Miss Multinational.
EARLY CROWN FAVES: L-R: Day, Perez, Thorlund & Dee
EARLY FAVES Along with Glyssa Perez, the other early MWP favorites are Kelly Day, Michelle Thorlund & Michelle Dee, the daughter of 1979 Miss International Melanie Marquez