The quest is on for the memorial design that would best immortalize the heroism & resiliency of Boholanos during the devastating earthquake that struck the province last October 15, 2013
The Provincial Government of Bohol and the City Government of Tagbilaran, with all component Local Government Units, has sounded out the call to all talented Boholano artists around the globe to participate in the search for the best design for the Memorial Monument of the 7.2 Magnitude Earthquake.
Bearing the theme “Boholano heroism and resiliency amidst the earthquake crisis”, the proposed memorial monument is to be installed within the designated Heroes Park at the peak of the Banat-i Hill in Bool District, Tagbilaran City.
Said monument's location will be the yearly venue of the commemoration of the Great Bohol Earthquake every 15th of October.
1. To commemorate the Great Bohol Earthquake, Boholano artists, earthquake victims and volunteers are encouraged to submit their designs.
2. The design must depict Boholano heroism and resiliency during the earthquake that hit Bohol on October 15, 2013.
3. Boholano artists around the globe are encouraged to submit their designs.
4. The design may be in hand-sketch or by computer aided design (CAD).
5. The design must bear its literature/description to define, interpret and provide meaning to the visual creation.
6. The committee has no obligation to adopt the entire design as is, as the final complete design, anchored on the winning entry and utilizing all selected special entries, will be commissioned by the committee for a study prior to its approval.
7. Submit your entries in detailed JPEG format (may be rendered in 3D) via Padayon Bol-anon Facebook Page or you may personally submit it to the Office of the Provincial Administrator, Governor’s Mansion, Office of the Governor, Provincial Government of Bohol with contact number (38)411-3063
8. Artists of all selected designs will receive honorarium / special award.
Photo from the FB Page of Padayon Bol-anon
from Emerson Pinos