Photo Credits: Mr. Irving Spivey
Topics of Interest
- About the Blogger
- 2015 Miss Bohol Coverage
- Miss Bohol Queens: Through The Decades
- Weddings & Events in Bohol
- Catherine Tabaniag: The Road to Miss Philippines Earth 2017
- Pageant Emceeing Experiences
- Emceeing/ Hosting Bookings & Rates
- 2013 Miss World Coverage
- Boholana Debutantes
- Picture- Perfect Places
- Boholano Newsmakers
- Beauty & Fashion
- The 2015 Miss Philippines Earth 2015 Coverage
- Road to Miss Panglao 2017
Monday, November 26, 2012
2006 Miss Bohol Intl Interview Segment
The interview portion is always the most dreaded segment in a beauty pageant. Ask any candidate and she would agree. Can you imagine being asked personal questions & sometimes for intimate details about your life and you have to answer those questions in front of so many people?
Compounding the fear is the thought of answering the question in English which is not exactly our native language not to mention the sheer fright of speaking in public. Combine all those factors and you have a potential disaster bound to happen
Sometimes, it's really a head scratcher when it comes to how the judges score the interviews. There are certain candidates with seemingly perfect English and yet score very low during the interviews. Conversely, there are candidates who bomb at the interviews and there are some who couldn't quite make heads nor tails about subject & verb agreement.
From past experiences, I have come up with the following DO's and DONT's in pageant interviews:
1. Never ever sound rehearsed in other words, do not sound like a robot and mouth off a litany of obviously memorized answers or spew out motherhood statements just to earn extra points
2. Speak from the heart and express what you truly feel about a subject or issue
3. Be spontaneous and sincere with your answers
4. Hey, it's perfectly okay to make mistakes during the interviews. It's how you rise from the situation that matters. Any hint of vulnerability would endear you to the judges and audiences alike
5. Express yourself in the dialect or language that you're most comfortable with
6. Lastly, it's not what you say but how you say it that truly matters
I really like it when a girl lets her personality shine through with the way she handles and expresses herself during the interviews. During the 2006 Miss Bohol International Pageant, the Interviews came in two parts:
First, the emcee asked the candidate two to three questions based on her biodata.
For the second part, a picture depicting a famous Boholano, a place or event in Bohol would be randomly picked and shown on a wide screen. The candidate had to describe and give her insights about the picture
Candor, spontaneity, sincerity AND personality projection were judged in this segment
Photo Credits: Mr. Irving Spivey
Extra Special Blog Feature
no fairy tale ending SPAIN CONQUERED THE PHILIPPINES AGAIN. Whenever discussions and debates center on who is considered as the m...
One of the unique features of the Miss Philippines Earth Pageant is the submission of an eco video, a four to five minute video that featur...
Eight Bohol- based beauties showed up for the 1 st screening of candidates for the 2017 edition of Miss Philippines Earth- Bohol which wil...