The Gatal clan greeted 2014 on a somber mood. You see, the eldest of the Gatal & Torralba Clan passed away last December 27, 2013.
Papa Rey passed away at 7 pm on December 27 after a stroke last December 23.
He was 79 years old
Hundreds of his friends and those who knew him came to pay their last respects and to join the family as his mortal remains were laid to rest at Dampas Cemetery last Jan 3 at 5 pm
Papa Rey as Reynald Torralba Gatal was fondly called was the eldest of Galicano Gatal & Albina Torralba- Gatal’s five children.
|Galicano Gatal& Albina Torralba- Gatal|
His siblings included Tita Zaida, the only girl in the brood, Galicano Jr, Papa Roger & Uncle Boy.
He was married to the late Mila Agcaoili.
|Papa Rey & Auntie Mila with Ate Roni|
He is survived by his children and grandchildren:
1. Veronica & Madison Geopano
2. Vincent with his children Neiman Flint, Neilton Paolo, Hattie & Alfonso
3. Victoria & Chris Alix with Geraldine, Christian Yves, Christoff & Alexie
4. Victorio & Anevic with Sheila Mae, Christine, Bianca & Anika
5. Rollynda & Kevin Barga with Nicholas & Brandon
6. Milagros Valerie & Erwin Dayan with Ella & Erin
He is also survived by his sister Zaida, brother Wilfrido, in laws & relatives
DASHING. DEBONAIRE. DAPPER
HE RULED THE DANCE FLOORS
| Dancing with Linda Garcia
while Pres. CPG & the First Lady watch|
PAPA REY THROUGH THE YEARS
Papa Rey, you will be sorely missed
Here's a music video tribute for Papa Rey: