3rd Quarter BPAi Dragon Boat Regatta
Photography Competition 2014
A. CONTEST THEME
The 3rd Quarter BPAi Dragon Boat Regatta Photography Competition 2014 will adopt the theme: “Bugsay na Bai! (Let's Paddle, Buddy)”.
Entries must strictly adhere to the competition’s theme. Photographs should be able to capture the varied facets of this water sport that promotes discipline, unity, teamwork, symmetry & balance.
Images should therefore depict not only the joy & excitement of dragon boating but also the drama, the agony & the intensity as reflected in the faces & body language of the paddlers & spectators.
Submitted entries must be photographs taken during the 3rd Quarter BPAi Dragon Boat Regatta on Saturday, October 25.
B. WHO CAN JOIN
• Participants must be at least 13 years old.
• The contest is open to all professional & amateur photographers and hobbyists.
• BPAi members are disqualified from joining the competition
1) Each submitted entry must be entrant's original creation.
2) Each participant is allowed to submit a MAXIMUM OF TEN (10) ENTRIES ONLY.
5) The entry cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means
6)The entry must demonstrate & depict the contest theme
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT ALLOWED TO USE MULTIPLE E‐MAIL ADDRESSES IN SENDING THEIR ENTRIES. A PARTICIPANT WHO SUBMITS HIS/HER ENTRIES USING MULTIPLE OR DIFFERENT E‐MAIL ADDRESSES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE COMPETITION.
PHOTO & IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
1) Photographs should be in digital format/file. Only photos/images emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org will be accepted
2) Photographs to be submitted should have no watermark. There should be no identifying mark on the images to eliminate any bias during the screening and judging of the submitted photos.
3) All submitted digital files must be 300 dpi (dots per inch), in JPEG or JPG format, and at least 1,000 pixels on one side (whether image is vertical or horizontal).
4) Submitted entries must be in full color. Photos in Black & White or Sepia are not allowed.
5) The entry to be submitted should be an image/photo with a corresponding “photo title”. A photo caption is optional. If a caption is included, the caption must indicate the place where the image was taken, and must have an accurate description of what the photo is about.
6) Each photo entry shall be provided with the following information: (i) title (caption is optional) , (ii) name of photographer.
7) The following photographs or images are disqualified:
o Photographs that have been previously submitted or have won in any local or international photography contest.
o Photographs that violate a person’s rights including, but not limited to copyright and privacy.
o Photographs that contain obscene, sexually explicit, offensive or any other objectionable or inappropriate content.
o BPAi will disqualify photos that are digitally enhanced or altered for creative purposes. Altered images refer to photographs manipulated and applied with special effects (colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, stitched panoramas, high dynamic range or HDR images, etc.).
Only minor adjustments acceptable to BPAi in the color, sharpness, contrast or digital equivalents are allowed.
BPAi reserves the right to disqualify any photograph or image at any time for any cause.
HOW TO ENTER:
Step 2: After LIKING & SHARING the page, submit your complete name, age & email address as private message in the page’s inbox. This will serve as your entry for future raffle draws done through electronic means
Step 3: Send your CONTEST entry via email to email@example.com
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY SUBMISSION
Deadline for the online submission of entries is on October 25, 2014 (Saturday) at 6:00 p.m. Entries submitted after the set deadline will be rejected.
SCREENING OF ENTRIES/PHOTOGRAPHS
BPAi will form an executive committee that will review all submitted entries and, in its sole discretion, choose the top ten finalist photographs from the submissions received.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
The top ten finalist photographs will be chosen based on the following criteria:
• Adherence to theme/Content
• Creativity and Originality
• Photographic Quality
• Visual Impact
HOW THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN
2) Page visitors shall immediately vote for their favorite photo by clicking on the LIKE & SHARE icons that corresponds with their photo of choice.
3) Each site visitor may vote only once.
4) The winning photograph shall be the photograph that receives the most LIKES from visitors to the FB Page during the period identified by BPAi.
VOTING DURATION TO BE ANNOUNCED
Start & end of voting will be announced right after the Top Ten Finalist Photographs have been determined.
PRIZES AT STAKE
One Grand Prize winner will be declared from among the Top Ten Finalist Photographs and will receive Three Thousand Pesos (P3,000.oo), a Trophy & a special news feature
OTHER CONTEST PROVISIONS/CONDITIONS
BPAi shall have the exclusive use of the photo entries of the Top Ten Finalists for the group’s various marketing collaterals and communication. This means that the Grand Winner/Photo Owner of the winning entry & the rest of the top ten finalist photographs cannot resell or make use of his/her photo for other purposes except for his/her official portfolio.
The photos of the Top Ten automatically becomes the property of BPAi.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNERS
Winners will be announced on BPAi’s Official Facebook Fan Page exactly two weeks after the top ten finalist photographs have been posted in the page. Date of awarding of prizes and other details will be announced later.
The decision of the Board of Judges is Final. The organizer shall have the right not to entertain any protest or complaint after the final decision of winners has been made.
CATCH THE FEVER AND EXCITEMENT! BE THERE WHEN IT HAPPENS!
Get to know more about dragon boating & other fitness activities in Bohol thru this link: